Don’t forget to register for next week’s ‘Physicians' Day at the Capitol’
The Medical Association of Georgia (MAG) is reminding physicians in the state to register for the 2017 Georgia 'Physicians' Day at the Capitol,' which will take place at the State Capitol in Atlanta from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. next Wednesday, January 25.
“This is a unique opportunity for physicians in every specialty and practice setting to deliver some critical messages to state lawmakers – who are now considering legislation that will have a profound effect on the medical profession in Georgia – in a very unified and powerful way,” says MAG President Steven M. Walsh, M.D.
The schedule of events will include…
– A continental breakfast in Room 230 at the Capitol at 8 a.m.
– An orientation and legislative briefing in Room 230 at 8:30 a.m.
– A group photo with Gov. Nathan Deal (contingent on his availability) in the rotunda in the North Wing of the Capitol at 10 a.m.
– Physicians will meet with legislators as soon as the group photo is taken until about 11:45 a.m.
– Physicians and legislators will enjoy a plated lunch in the Floyd Room on the 20th floor of the Sloppy Floyd Building – which is a short walk from the Capitol – as soon as the General Assembly adjourns
The event is expected to end at about 2 p.m.
Physicians are encouraged to wear their white lab coats.
In addition to MAG, the event is being sponsored by Resurgens Orthopaedics, the Georgia Society of Ophthalmology, the Georgia Society of the American College of Surgeons, the Georgia Psychiatric Physicians Association, the Georgia Society of Anesthesiologists, the Georgia Orthopedic Society, the Georgia Chapter of the American College of Cardiology, and the Georgia Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery.
Contact Bethany Sherrer at email@example.com or 404.354.1863 with questions.