MAG membership has increased by more than 35 percent since 2010
10 ways MAG creates value for you as a physician in Georgia...
- MAG is the leading voice for physicians in Georgia. When surveyed, 93% of its members said that MAG is the leading voice for physicians in Georgia – while 92% said that it is an effective advocate in the legislative arena.
- MAG has earned its stellar reputation. MAG was second on James Magazine’s list of “Top Trade or Business Associations” in Georgia in 2014.
- MAG is your advocate at the state level. Whether it’s tort reform or insurance reform or scope of practice, MAG is the most powerful advocate for physicians in the legislative arena in Georgia. MAG was the leading advocate for H.B. 416 (aka the “Name Tag Bill) in 2015, which has given patients additional peace of mind by requiring every licensed health care practitioner in the state to wear an ID on their lab coat or uniform (with the exception of optometrists and chiropractors and dentists who don’t practice in hospitals or nursing homes or assisted living facilities). In addition, MAG was a leading advocate for a FY 2016 budget that includes $23 million to increase pay for select Medicaid primary care and OB-GYN codes – as well as almost $200,000 to maintain the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program in the state.
- MAG builds trust-based relationships. For example, MAG has developed a strong relationship with the Georgia Department of Insurance, which rescinded the contract amendments that Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia intended to implement in 2014 that would have disadvantaged large numbers of physicians. MAG is also fighting the proliferation of narrow networks, which health insurers in Georgia are using to control costs and which strain the physician-patient relationship.
- MAG helps you keep the money you’ve earned. MAG has saved physicians in Georgia millions of dollars in third party payer claims.
- MAG is your legal advocate.MAG has filed a number of amicus briefs to support physicians. It has also added a number of legal resources for its members on its mag.org website, including the “Model Medical Staff Bylaws,” articles that were written for MAG’s Journal, a physician’s retirement guide, and an Affordable Care Act provisions summary.
- MAG helps you make good decisions. MAG has won seven awards for its website, which include the audio recordings of its popular town hall forums that address some of today’s most pressing practice management and public policy issues – as well as a page that highlights key payer deadlines.
- MAG is a leader in the CME and correctional medicine accreditation arenas. MAG accredits 39 CME providers as well as the health care programs for 10 jails and 43 prisons.
- MAG is fighting prescription drug abuse. The MAG Foundation is reducing prescription drug abuse in the state with its ‘Think About It’ campaign (rxdrugabuse.org). In addition to distributing more than one million leaflets at pharmacies, the MAG Foundation will purchase naloxone (which offsets the effects of drug overdoses) for first responders and fund prescription drug disposal boxes and fund a video to promote good prescribing practices.
- MAG is growing. MAG membership has increased by more than 35 percent since 2010.